Friday, June 3, 2011

Freeze Frame

Graduation invitations are pouring in and it seems like yesterday these same young men and women were tow headed beauties with adorable smiles and big dreams.  As I joined Wyatt's first grade class field trip today, I am once again reminded how quickly this time will pass.  In the blink of an eye it will be Wyatt who is preparing to graduate- headed off on his next great adventure.  God only knows what that will be; hopefully something I can be proud of.

It has taken a full six years of H.A.R.D. work and I am amazed and pleased to say I finally see the light at the end of a long toddler hood tunnel! Thank GOD these years are behind me. When friends claim they crave the baby and toddler years I secretly shutter.  Sleepless nights, breastfeeding, utter dependence… not my idea of a good time.  Don't get me wrong- I am blessed with two spirited wonders, but it is a WHOLE lot of thankless work getting them to 5 and 7.   I can't fathom the overwhelming pride and thanksgiving parents have as they watch their children graduate.  The other day I asked Wyatt if he would stop growing.  He flashed a toothless (yes, he has finally lost his first tooth, not sure who was more excited…) smile and with a twinkle in his killer blue eyes, said “no, I’m having too much fun!” Honestly, does it get better than that?  I am so grateful he still lights up to see me and isn’t too embarrassed to plant a kiss on his favorite girl (me).  I know these days are numbered, trust me, I am savoring every one!


No comments: