Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Summer Speed

Summer is here! And along with sun filled skies and sun kissed tans it has brought upon me a pace I struggle to sustain.  Just about each week breaks me.  Don’t get me wrong, my days are filled with great things, but they are FILLED!!!  

My cup over flows FILLED....

Last evening, Emma and I took time out to go the park and listen to a great band play.  It was a beautiful summer evening and we enjoyed the music and catching up with old friends.  As I was chatting with friends we started talking about magnesium. My friend shared how much she and her man enjoyed my Keeping it real with Kate blog; and how their family benefits from the magnesium they now take.  She noted my Blog/Page had been quiet for a while.  It got me thinking that I hadn’t posted much lately.  With my cup filled to the brim, I literally haven’t had the energy to write. 

Protecting my energy level is paramount to keeping my immune function working properly.  Sleep and proper nutrition are typically the first things to fly out the window when time is limited. We are all guilty of this.  Personally, I’ve been pushing my limit and quite frankly, I’m amazed I haven’t crashed! 

Pushing beyond our limit seems to be the American way.  And while that can be a wonderful thing, knowing your limit and honoring your body should be equally important.  This summer in particular I have found it impossible to get to bed at a reasonable time.  My children have become nocturnal (God help me!) and with the sun not setting until 9:30, my circadian rhythm is ALL off.  Sleep is singularly one of the most important gifts we can give our body. Proper rest affects everything from hormone functions and weight loss to mental and emotional clarity, not to mention overall health!

Finding balance and knowing when to say “no” in order to preserve energy and sleep is something I’m really working on this summer.  How about you? 

No comments: