Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Breath of Heaven

Driving into  work the other morning Breath of Heaven (Mary's song) came on my Pandora.  The lyrics to this particular song struck me deeply, especially at this time of year, they were a great reminder that I desperately needed:  Take a slow deep breath and be mindful of the greatest gift I will ever receive- Jesus.

Really listening to  Amy Grant's version of this beautiful song brought me to tears. This verse moved me,
"I am waiting in a silent prayer
I am frightened by the load I bear
In a world as cold as stone
Must I walk this path alone?
Be with me now, be with me now."

Is anyone else like me, so busy with daily life, that adding in the extra Christmas/Holiday excitement (what I really mean is added craziness!!) is just one more thing on my, "must get done before I crash into bed" list?  At this time of year some days the load just really seems too much to bear. Some days the path appears very lonely and long.

But, because of Jesus, I am NEVER alone.  And my load is NEVER to heavy for him.

Allow yourself a  minute reprieve, take a deep breath and listen to this beautiful song. I promise, you will be glad you did.

Merry Christmas!








No comments: