Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wrecking Ball

This past week has found me in an unfamiliar place.  I have had incredible amounts of time.  For the most part 7 hours of uninterrupted time.  With all but one thing to accomplish, but I'll get to that later.  In an effort not to succumb to the calling and comfort of my bed all day, I have made a concerted effort to get to the gym.  Why not?  For once, I actually feel like I have the time to go to the gym and workout, without stressing about what is next on my "to do" list.

Because I  feel like the Tin Man when I get up and can hardly move, I start out with a little Yoga, followed by the treadmill.  Nothing major.  I have yet to work myself up to running, as I promised my husband I would ease into working out.  He laid out a game plan for me.  I'm complying.  My iPhone has made this task so pleasurable!  I love the various music and information I can be entertained by.  Yesterday was Jimmy Kimmel You Tune clips of Bruce Springsteen performing songs off  his new album.  Bruce really takes me to a whole other place.  We Take Care of Our Own and Wrecking Ball do not disappoint Springsteen fans.  It is classic Bruce, with lots of horns, replacing (but never filling) Clarence's huge shoes.

The past few weeks I haven't felt much like a fighter.  After receiving a huge punch in the gut, followed by a whopping upper cut, I all but folded in the ring.  Slowly, I  returned to me feet, but not with much fight left in me.  That was until yesterday.

"Bring on your wrecking ball, bring on your wrecking ball, come on and take your best shot, let me see what you've got, bring on your wrecking ball. And hard times come, and hard times go, and hard times come, and hard times go, yeah just to come again.  Bring on your wrecking ball, bring on your wrecking ball, come on and take your best shot, let me see what you've got, bring on your wrecking ball." Wrecking Ball -Springsteen.

Good, good stuff.  I'm up and I have returned to the ring.  Thanks, Bruce, I needed me some Wrecking Ball! My game is back on!

No comments: