Monday, October 31, 2011

Tricks or Treats


Ahh yes, it is that special night, and what fond childhood memories I have of trick or treating. Yes I had the world’s greatest mom, however, and this is a BIG however, creative she was NOT! So, although I dreaded dressing up for the school Halloween party, I did have a blast later come dusk, canvasing the town for candy. We would walk for what seemed like miles, and we had TONS of loot to show for our effort. Me and my sisters and neighbor friends would come home, dump our candy, and have our parents check it of course, for any suspicious pieces.

So, to carry on tradition, this year I invited my family to my parents for dinner, complete with tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches; yes, one must have a nutritious meal before setting out for candy, candy, candy! At the stroke of 5:30 me, Aaron and the world’s greatest ninja turtle, and the cutest pumpkin began our quest for candy! My sweet hometown didn't let my family down, the citizens of such a small city proved to be very festive and handed out lots of great candy! Thanks so much for all the yummy treats, you can bet Aaron and I have had our fill!

No comments: