Friday, April 1, 2011

A Single Step

Every great journey begins with a single step.  I'm not sure who first coined this statement, but it is a good one.  It is true.  One foot in front of the other, repeated, often leads to your destination. With focus and clarity the motivated hiker often reaches his summit.  The same principal can be applied to daily living.  Each dawn we are offered a new beginning.  A redo.  A chance to reach our personal summit. Some make it, some don't.  I am often intrigued at the circumstances that surround whether we succeed or not.  Many make it look effortless.  I am always humbled in trying something new.  Professional skiers, ice skaters, golfers,_____, make it look so easy!  Very few people can try something for the first time and be really good at it.   Many try, fall, get up, try again, and repeat this process, either giving in with defeat or little by little improve and continue on.  Such is life.  So much of my daily living is done on auto pilot.  At times it's very difficult  for me to be present, I mean PRESENT.  Being incredibly conscious of every single thing I put in my mouth over the past month has become a bit daunting; however, I am reminded this is essential in reaching my personal summit.  Minute by minute, day by day, I am getting closer to my goal.  A healthier, balanced me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true!