Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Story

February 14, a day earmarked all for love.  This year my husband did the sweetest thing in honor of Valentine’s day.   He vacuumed and cleaned the WHOLE house.  I only had to ask him once.   Of course this is romantic! In fact it's the little and not so little things that make me feel loved.   I absolutely know I am the love of his life.  How do I know? He tells me.  But more importantly he shows me. 
My first memory of my husband dates back to the 7th grade.  We love to talk about our history that has spanned decades.  I don't know many couples that can joke about past loves, all without a twinge of jealousy or insecurity.  We recognize this to be a gift and don't take it lightly.  I can't fathom the burden and weight jealousy must carry.  There is no room for that in our marriage.  This is not to say our relationship is perfect; far from it!  
We often reflect on the Love Chapter of the Bible.  You know (1Corithians Chapter 13) the scripture almost always read at weddings:  Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”  It is the litmus test we put our love up to daily.  Time after time we fail- MISERABLY!  However, daily we make a conscious choice to seek God's grace, and to fill our marriage with the kind of love, only He can provide.
Of course a bouquet of yellow tulips, chocolates, a quiet dinner for two, all go a long way in keeping the love alive But really, how can I complain with vacuuming?  It is practical, (considering the past week I was in bed ridden with illness.)  It is thoughtful. It is love! 

10 years prior, we stood on the same overlook- Aaron lovestruck, me not so much!
 10 years and 2 kids later- madly in love!!

1 comment:

Aaron said...

correction my lovely wife, it was 11 years ago...but who's counting! Happy Valentines Day!